Saturday, May 9, 2009

Back in the saddle again

Well we are back in action. For those that don't know, shortly after the last post we were preparing for our first night of camping. I pulled the bus out of the garage and parked it on the street so we could load everything we needed in. About 45 minutes later when it was time to go, we climb in and turn the key.....nothing happens.

Oh you can imagine the disappointment.

After about 2 weeks of constant rain (which was incredibly aggravating since the bus is on the street now) or of me being way too busy to work on it, I began to diagnose the problem. Starter was good, battery was good, I could hot wire it, so with all things checked, and with a little logic I deduced that it must be the ignition. So I ordered a new ignition lock cylinder (we got new keys) and put it in this week, now we're back on the road.

Now if it would just stop raining long enough to go camping.

No comments: