Monday, September 29, 2008

Trials and Tribulations

Just Getting Into Rolla

Front with Top Popped


Back Interior
Engine (Type II)

So, after thoroughly reading John Muir's book "How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive: A Guide for the Compleat Idiot". I began going through the step by step procedure for diagnosing why the bus won't start. After checking the battery, I began on the fuel system, where I discovered no flow of fuel. So, after trying to blow into the gas tank (with the hope of hearing bubbles) with no luck, I took the fuel line off but still had no flow out of the tank. So, I shoved a wire into the tank and twirled it around until gas started to pour out. Success!, but still no starting. Now I am down to diagnosing the ignition system. I think we have a bad starter. Also above are some pics of the bus.

1 comment:

Dave said...

How does it make you feel that, after reading the "How the Keep Your VW Alive: A Guide For The Complete Idiot" you still couldn't get her to come alive?

I blame the book not the reader. If it were "How To Make Your Dead VW Come Alive: A Guide For The Total Idiot" you might of had a fighting chance.

Now that she's alive, hopefully we can keep her that way with the book.